RTLS (Real-Time Location System) is a wireless radio frequency solution that continually monitors and reports real-time locations of tracked resources.
RTLS is a positioning system that utilizes Wi-Fi rather than GPS to accurately pinpoint location. RTLS is quickly deployed using mesh networking technology and is easily configured and maintained. Optionally, RTLS can be deployed on existing Wi-Fi networks. Meritech RTLS provides all the tools necessary to track people and assets.
- Deploy RTLS quickly with minimal configuration.
- Track the location of assets in real-time.
- View the history of asset position and movement.
- Automatically alert users of asset events.
- Examine location information using a web browser.
RTLS –With Yard Operations
Real-Time Locating Systems (RTLS) have emerged over the past six years as an alternative and cost effective method for tracking the location and status of assets within local areas, such as yards and remote storage and delivery sites.
RTLS systems differ from
Other types of automatic identification technologies in that tagged assets are not required to be scanned or pass within close proximity of a reader in order to be detected. In contrast, RTLS tags transmit their ID’s and status information at frequent intervals via a low power radio signal to a central processor, which computes the location of up to thousands of tagged assets within yards and remote sites. The result is a completely automated inventory of all tagged yard equipment all the time.
- Real-time visibility of all trailers on site
- Current location
- Location history and trace-ability
- Visual client alerts– Trailer status information
- Eliminate Yard Checks
- Improved yard operations
- Reduced spoilage
- Reduced demurrage fees
Application area :
- Containers, Chassis in Shipyards
- Equipment, people in Healthcare/Enterprise
- Pallets/Cases, forklifts in Warehouses
- Cargo at Airports
- Cars in Manufacturing Plants, Parking Lots
- Books in the library